If you’d like to have a makeover in your bathroom (include shower system, power shower…. ) you’ll have to remove a towel bar with no screws. It’ll be easier if you’d like to replace or paint your towel bar. It might be difficult as well if you’re willing to remove the towel bar without using screws. In this article,
We are going to answer your question of how to remove a towel bar with no set screw.
- Warp the tips while holding the bar You’ll find the tips attaching the wall are manufactured using a couple of parts. You should disconnect the receiver tips and the segments that are joined to the wall. Sluggishly, spin the receiver tips on the upper side. The moment you’ll spin it partially, the bar would burst out and you’ll be able to remove the bar without the use of screws
- Remove the tips How to remove a towel bar with no set screw? The answer to this question isn’t too hard since we will have to remove the tips. You’ll have to persist in unscrewing the receiver tips. You’d not find it very challenging to remove the receiver tips since they aren’t eternally fixed to the segment that is joined to the wall. You’ll find normally there is a bulb or a screw that would hold the receiver tips in place.
- Remove the segments that are joined to the wall. You’d find it difficult to remove the segments that are joined to the wall especially if an adhesive has been used to join them to the wall or the wall has paint. Here, you’ll have to sweat a bit, but what you’d require to do is to keep on spinning until it comes off. At the end of the day, you’d not like to spoil the wall and so you’ll continue to twist the segments. If this isn’t working, you’d try to use a flat edged tool to remove them
- Use an even tool. It’s unfortunate that you won’t remove some towel bars with no set screws easily. If you’ll find one segment mounted on the wall, it’s a must that you’d use a flat edged tool. This tool will help you to get beneath the segment so that you’d disjoin it from the wall fixture. If you’ll find there is only a single piece it’s most likely there is a clutch like a mechanism that mounts the segment to the wall. How will you use a flat edged tool to remove the mounted segments? Take your tool and position it at the bottom-most segment – mostly behind the segment if you could. Then push it on the upper side and it might burst out although you’ll have to shed some pounds while removing it.
- Remove the wall mounting. You’ll find easy to remove the wall mounting since they are really screwed on the wall. Remove the screws and remove the wall mounting from the wall.
If you’ll carefully follow these steps, you’d remove easily your towel bar without any screws. However, at the end of this process, you’d have shed some of your pounds since it’s not an easy job.
Read more: The 5 Best Kids Shower Heads of 2019