Have you been inquiring on how to replace bathroom tiles that have fallen off without success? , you do not need to worry anymore. That is because, in this article, we are going to guide you on the necessary steps to repair your
bathroom tile successfully. It is essential to correct any faults in you bathroom to prevent enormous damage.
Some errors can be easily fixed if the repair is done at an early stage of the failure. That is because the defect has not developed to the extent of requiring an expert. Therefore to repair a tile fell off shower wall is very vital because you will prevent the future damage of that wall. Remember if one tile falls off the shower wall, and it’s not repaired, water will percolate through that gap and damage the whole wall and hence you will incur a large amount of money to improve the entire wall. Some of the best step
to repair bath tile include:
- Remove the broken tile carefully. Here is the first step to removing a tile that is bulging out of its place. There are several causes of the swelling out of the tiles from its place. The common cause of bathroom tile falling off is majorly due to water infiltration in the tile and its grout. When water enters in the grout, it weakens the adhesives, and the tile becomes weak. Therefore knowing that the tile does not require hard-hitting, cover the damaged tile using a towel and gently tap it using a hammer. That will help you to loosen the tile that is affected. After ensuring the tile is loose in a way that it can be easily removed, now use the chisel to remove the affected tile.
- Clean the surface Cleaning the surface is the second step for repairing a fallen off bathroom tile. In this step, you are supposed to clean the surface so that the adhesives can work correctly. After the cleaning, now apply a ready-mixed adhesive on the underside part of the replacement tile. Ensure the type of adhesive you use is the one designed for that tile. That is because different tiles require different adhesives.
- Replace the tile. Now considering the surface to replace the tile is clean and you have already applied the adhesive to the replacement tile. At this step, you are supposed to replace the tile. Press the replacement tile in its correct position. Since this is the most significant step, ensure you apply considerable pressure on the tile so that the adhesives can work best. Also, ensure the tile is installed correctly to ensure the tile get on the same level as the existing ones. Apply the adhesive well to bed the replaced tile while ensuring it remains in the correct position and cleans the extra adhesive that is displaced using a soft piece of cloth. Leave the replaced tile for about 24 hours without any water and other traffic.
- Apply the grout The second last step for repairing a tile that has fallen off is by applying the grout. In this step, you are supposed to apply grout in the gaps around the tile. After that, ensure you remove excess grout from the tile and allow it to seat for one day (24 hours). Buff the area using a damp sponge to give a tile an excellent finish.
- Apply sealant. The last step after repairing a bathroom tile is to apply the sealant to prevent water from infiltrating into the tile surface. Different grout requires different sealant. Therefore ensure the sealant is the one meant for the grout that you have used. Therefore by considering the above-discussed five-step for repairing a bathroom tile that has fallen off, definitely you will be able to improve your bathroom tile quickly.